View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 01:46 AM

Have you an additional flywheel weight on the bike? Having one can, on smaller motors, result in a slight delay that can make life difficult.

Alternatively just try giving a dip of clutch with a blip of throttle just before the log (about the same distance from the log as is high). Ditto for getting up hills, just slip the clutch a tad.

The gearing could also negatively effect things but I don't know the std gearing for the 200. In standard form the 200 should have no problems with the challenges you've described.

Bottom end is usually at the expense of top end. Improving the bottom end of the motor will negatively effect the top end. Good riders rarely rev the nuts off a bike and will usually be riding 1 gear higher than most other riders so getting the bike in the upper rev range isn't neccessarily a good idea.

I'm afraid I'm probably not much help but I rode trials for 15 years before riding enduros and the trials experience helped enormously with those sort of obstacles. To put it bluntly, I don't think it's the bike. It might be an idea to spend some time with a good enduro rider or a trials rider. Sorry if I'm being patronising but I don't have any idea about your abilities.

Have a great '08.

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)