View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
alright so let me summarize and see if i got this right. the plates from a late 90's honda cr250 will fit, but the frictions are the wrong thickness. and to remedy this, you get a thrust washer that is 1.5ish mm thick. is this correct? also does anybody know if a different manufacturers basket will work? i cannot find an aftermarket for mine, and i bought a used one, but its only a matter of time before that one gets grooved too.
I ordered a kit for a 90-97 CR250R (Tusk brand, $45 from Rocky Mtn) because anything after that had two different metal plates, 5 were steel and 2 aluminum. I don't know how this would work in a GG, but I thought it better to stick with all steel. Also it has springs which will also (fingers crossed) work. I have heard the CR clutch baskets may work, but not sure. Seems like a long shot with the gear teeth, but who knows. Also I think you run into clearance issues and have to stack gaskets.

I am hoping to find a thrust washer (may even try a plain ol' washer, I guess its just softer??? could use it to test anyways) that will work because I hate to do something irreversible to my stock parts. Stupid washer from Gofasters would be around $40 with shipping, that is robbery, especially considering the Jap crossover is $3.

My kit should be here before the weekend and will post what I find. I hate it when people start these threads and then leave you hanging when they figure it out but don't post.