View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
The stock needle is the problem. You've lifted the clip to #2 to clean up the lower to mid, which has left it lean in the mid to 3/4 range. You may find a 178 main helps too (check after you've set the float). But overall, the taper profile of the stock needle doesn't work very well. I'd try an NEDW # 3 based in what you have said.
The bike was tuned by an official Gas Gas Italia racing mechanic, directly by the importer from which I have served.
So I'm a bit surprised by this problem that I hope is only carburetion and not suction air Junk (brand new bike).

I've tested also an half clip leaner needle ( NOZF AND NOZH ) in the same groove and in fact the plug color was more white ( if it's possible ).
I've got an NECJ ( half clip leaner than your suggested ) but I'd like to know its profile shape vs NOZX or N1EX. Unfortunately on the Jd jetting sheet is not included.

Are you sure your suggested isn't an half clip different from other known needle?

Any case jumping to 185 mj cover the mid top also and the MJ is very easy to find than needles.

Last one...in my hold pwk on HUsky wr 250 the best was DDJ needle in the mid range precisely because of its high angle of progression that is not found in the oem needles.

Bye