View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Not evryone changes the things you did. Dont need the PV cover, jetting is easy, the chain guide works so why change it, never changed the squish either and our results at the races say it works as is.
I agree.

None of those upgrades are "required", they are "desired". Out of the crate, there is nothing wrong with a stock Gas Gas and it will run circles around most other off-road bikes.

I think 4-5 years ago the factory took more input from the field. Now they are more focused on keeping up production, so R&D has suffered a bit.

The US market saw a lot of on the fly development to it's models under Gas Gas North America and saw little or none under Gas Gas Motors of America and Dixie. I think that is about to change with the current import team.

That said, besides KTM and BMW, Gas Gas probably has the quickest, most agile R&D in the off-road industry. They also have the smallest purse out of the three.

When we get distribution stabilized in the US, I think we'll see some wild develpments on the GG race front that should transfer over to the stock bikes again.