View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
Here is the Aussie reviewer (Beta fan) and his review of the 2018 XC and EC.

The video confirms tbat the XC Gasser has somewhat firmer suspension (others say it needs to be firmer for racing) and the EC is the cush-mobile that I would want.

https://youtu.be/-xtdwsLY3z8

I haven’t ridden an EC but I own an XC300. I tip the scales at 260 and I have won a race or two at National level in the +30B class. I run .50 up front and a 6.6 on the back. The valving is near spot on for my race pace but at slower speeds I get some deflection in the rock gardens even with compression backed all the way out to 2 clicks from full soft. The suspension is very soft “feeling” if you just set on the bike and push on the bars but when actually riding it feels great and is near impossible to bottom. I figure this winter I will send it off and have the compression stack softened up on the forks and add some rebound to the shock to help compensate for the heavy spring I have to run.

On another note, the guys at GGNA and every dealer I have talked to swear that the EC has the exact same suspension setup.

Either way, this is by far the best suspension I have ever had the pleasure of riding on. I would imagine a properly sprung yz250x would feel very similar. I have only ridden one with stock springs so I really can’t give honest input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk