View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robszombie View Post
I don't like the idea of drilling the pedal to mount the snake, as it would weaken the pedal. can they be looped around the pedal instead?
You are only talking about a 3/32" hole, very minimum and I've had it on the last 10 bikes with no issues, and I can be a very rough brake abuser. Much, much better than a bent or broke lever in the middle of a race. Just make sure you leave enough slack in the cable for the brake lever movement. I usually either wrap the other end around the frame bottom rail or drill a small hole in the skid plate. I don't ever use the little mounting tab they give you to bolt under a motor side cover bolt, yuk, no thank you.

But if you don't want to drill the brake tip, yes you can tightly wrap the cable around the brake tip in one of two ways, I've tried both. One way is to route it thru the brake tip and cinch it up tight and as long as it sits between the tip teeth you never even feel it when braking. The other way is to wrap it around the brake lever itself and cinch it up tight just behind where the brake tip mounts to the brake lever. I don't like this one as much as the cable, even when tight, can still slip down the brake lever.

Honestly, there is not an issue with drilling a very small hole in the forward end of the brake tip, just put it in the appx middle of the brake tip "meat" of the material and you'll be fine.