View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 04:06 PM

I may be able to help here. I own 2 EC200's. Ones a '99 and the other is a '03. They both have the exact same setup with fresh topends, LT power valve cover and same jetting. Same tires, etc. The only difference between the 2 bikes is that the '99 has an FMF Gnarly and the '03 has a FMF Fatty.

I rode them both back to back yesterday on the same singletrack trail. The difference in the power delivery is quite significant.

The '99 with the Gnarly pulls immediately off the bottom. It will loft the front end at lower rpms easily. It pulls hard to mid and then settles down and signs off as you get to the top.

The '03 with the Fatty is much softer on the bottom. It is smooth on the bottom but doesn't have the pull. But, it comes on strong after 1/4 throttle and is nice and strong at the middle. It keeps pulling very well all the way to the top.

Both bikes are effective in the singletrack. For me, coming off of 250's and 300's I like the pull right off the bottom but am getting used to riding more at mid throttle where the '03, which is mine, likes to be ridden. The '99 is my sons and he is good at riding a gear high, plus he likes wheeling