View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Curious as to why you like the Pro better than the EXP (not that we have a choice with the GG)? Have you tried lighter wedges in the EXP?
My Pro engages at idle, so when the bike is idling it wants to creep forward, but will not while sitting on it. Then it's a very smooth engagement when you roll the throttle on. Hard to even tell it has an auto clutch in it. Don't ask me how many balls, blah, blah, because I don't remember. It was installed via the manual recommendations and haven't screwed with it since.

My EXP does not engage at idle. It engages at just a hair above idle, but there is a very slight hesitation, before the clutch engages. Then there is pronounced slippage and seems to hook up completely about 1/3 throttle. Again the clutch was installed per the instructions and haven't tried adjusting it.

It's not a big deal, but my Husky is more seamless. The EXP you can definitely tell when it's slipping and then hooking up. It could just be the difference between the two bikes and how the Rekluse functions with each model.

I was not happy when I heard you couldn't get a Pro model with the GG. I like how my Husky clutch works and wanted to stay with the Pro. Plus shelling out $900 is getting a little ridiculous. $600 is bad enough and I could care less if I have a Rekluse clutch cover. I just think it's a way for Rekluse to force the covers on you and as far as I can see, I don't know why the EXP costs more to manufacture.