View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Thats whats tough for us, because we have both rock runs just like yours and sand runs in the same series. I think its worse riding rocks with stiff sand suspension. I stiffened mine up a bit and it was decent though, although I still used all of it in the bigger whoops. Tagged a couple trees pretty good but kept it up, just slower in the last section. I like the tight stuff as its the great equilizer, and where the quick steering GasGas really works well. Sucks in summer heat/humidity down there though, thats why there are no sand runs in mid summer. That terrain gets hammered fast, and at #79 it was really beat up. The trick with sandy turns is get on the power early and not as much weight foward as usual, especially with a soft fork. I took a class with Rich Lafferty down there a few years back and it helped a lot.

Actually the tighter sections at Sandy Lane are not that bad. If you really want some serious tight tree practice, do the Greenbriar. Sub bar width sections for at least 10+ miles. Tortureous.

I think I'm getting studs and riding some next winter, so I don't come out cold and get my butt kicked as bad. I'll be Super Senior in Sept. so I'm interested in seeing those scores.