View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 12:27 PM

Default First Ride 2018 GP300

So I finally got a chance to get the new ride out on Saturday. So far I have sprung the bike for my weight, set sag per my tuner, pipe guard, swapped bars and handguards from my 13 EC300. I re-jetted with an N3CJ needle, 3rd clip, 180 main, air screw ended up about .75 turns out, power valve is at 2.5 turns.

So my clubs enduro was just run so we decided that it would be good to make sure all the arrows are down. So two of headed out at 8 am and the trails were in perfect condition, the 350 riders had blown all the loose rocks of the trail the week before. Our trails are very rocky, tight and some flowing. I was amazed by how comfortable the bike is, I'm a big guy 6'5" and with the stock seat and bar position most back position with no bar risers. Every other bike I've had I always added bar risers and a tall seat, so far I don't see the need with this bike.
All and all we did a 40-mile ride, only made two adjustments to the forks, slowed the rebound down a bit and backed out the compression. It ate up rock gardens tracking very straight, handles like no other bike I have ridden. The motor just pulls and pulls, lug or a dab of the clutch brings it right up on the pipe. So very pleased with the bike on the first ride.
Only concerns I have, right fork guard rubs on the front wheel, horn soon to be deleted rubs the fender, left-hand side panel seems to come out of position up by the rear fender, and the starter will not spin when cold it started every time on the trail but just one of those things.
So this bike is just awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180917_171522.jpg (119.8 KB, 26 views)