Thread: 2019 ec300 fuel
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehuge View Post
If you give us your location/altitude/temperature then Jakobi might be kind enough to suggest a starting point for jetting, to give you a head start.

The standard no.7 slide is usually OK, so it"s a matter of trying different needles, main jets, pilot jets and clip positions. Most important to just make one change at a time, then test and keep notes so you don't get lost.

Make sure you're using a good quality full synthetic oil mixed at 50:1 (usually 50:1 but please check).

If you speak to your dealer (where you've just spent thousands) I would hope they'd help you out with supplying jets/needles at a discounted price! I wish GasGas and other manufacturers supplied a selection of jets/needles with their bikes

Congratulations on your new bike, it looks stunning, I'm very jealous!

Hi Thank you all for the info so far, I am pretty good with the spanners I have been around bikes for alot of years so most things are relatively easy to tackle, I am in Derbyshire, uk, I rekon we are 950 ft above sea level, temp god knows one day it 9' and the next in the 20s', I trail ride and do hare and hound stuff as well as time card events (Welsh 2 day enduro) etc.
I use top quality relatively 2T oils at 50:1 with regular pump fuel...