View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajones007 View Post
All,

I recently bought an MC65 for my son and he is having an extrememly difficult time accelerating from low end RPMs - the bike bogs and he has to lighten up on the throttle.

In my discussions with a few 2-stroke bike owners, it was suggested that I move the needle up in order to dump more fuel on the low end. Unfortuntely, this didn't help. I thought I might need to adjust the air fuel mixture, but can't find any settings (specs) for the carb.

The bike startes easily, the plug appears to burning clean and haven't had an issue with fouling plugs. I pulled the carb, cleaned it thoroughly, but still have the same throttle issue. I have become very frustrated in troubleshooting this issue and thought it would be useful to see if anyone else might have some insight to share. I look forward to hearing your feedback and sugestions.

Chris
The pilot jet, not the needle, affect 0-1/4 throttle (roughly). Sounds to me like you need to richen up the the pilot jet. I would call Go Fasters or your local dealer to see if they can suggest a pilot to use (the current one should have the # written on it)

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.