View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Twisted Engineering - Carbon Bars

As promised, I am sharing my experience with newly acquired and installed Twisted Engineering carbon fiber bars. I will provide pictures soon.
I am a Chiropractor and use my hands to make a living. I have been battling extreme wrist pain this reintroduction to hare scrambling and enduro racing with the 45mm zoke shivers.

1st; Doug at Twisted Engineering very nice and helpful.
2nd; bars delivered safely and quickly.
3rd; rode 2 hours saturday with 50+ B and 30+ A rider; No vibration tingeling and no sharp edge rock stabbing at my wrist. I felt better sunday morning than I did Saturday morning before riding.

I ordered the 3x (most flex) and KTM low bend. Came off renthal twin wall carmichael bend. This bend is now my absolute favorite. May be too straight for some but improved my single track speed by at least 20%. You do not; repeat, do not feel any flex while riding. Even though these are the 3x, they still provide a very firm feel. Not mushy like other types of impact absorbing systems.

Like I told fred1956 this morning; If someone steals my bike, these handelbars will be one of the first things I order. I am elated that I will be able to continue to ride as aggressive and as often as I like and still make a living not in pain and not have to spend another $600 on suspension.

Summary;
pro; quality product, flex in every direction, light, attractive, they work.
con; $400 with guards (cheaper than not being able to work).

Last edited by bkwdc; 07-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.