View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 06:29 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
that's worrying.

I know the KYB's are set a bit harder for "racers" but i also know that they can be modified fairly easily for grey-beard-racers. maybe i should save for that. My first post did say i wanted the kyb platform, maybe that should be my target
The good point with KYB is that they are of high, consistent quality.

At 60+, I am a very slow "racer" (no beard, but grey-haired ). I would never expect a suspension setup to suit me right out of the box.
But with KYB, I would be confident that I (or someone else) would be able to make it work.

The friend that I mentioned with the 2017 Sachs / Beta is one of the best enduro riders in Norway, and he (and his very skilled suspension guy) struggeled for months getting it right, and really never got there. We suspected that there was too much internal friction / stiction in those forks. His latest Beta (possibly a 2021) is better. I think Sachs has improved since then, but would't be willing to take the chance if I should buy a new bike.

Do you (or someone else here) have something to say about the Beta RR200 chassis / motor compared to my 2015 EC200? My EC200 is similar to any EC250 or 300 of the same generation, chassis-wise. I am very pleased with how it handles, so I don't really want a new bike. However, as 380 hours, it starts to show its age in different places. But in the end, that should be just a matter of putting in the right amount of hours and money for service / maintenence and it will be good for another couple of houndred hours.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc