View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
The Dacre Rally in Ontario requires a minimum 150km range and a total of 800km's in one day. (Yes it is insane, but a fun insane)
I very often ride days of 200+km's usually with only one fuel stop. A few times a year I will get in 300+km days. I get a comfortable 100km's from my '12 300 which doesn't seem to be running very rich. (just did a top end and it all seemed ok. A little extra goop in the PV but nothing concerning) I'm sick of carrying extra fuel on my back or on the back of the bike.

I currently have:
N1EF in #1 clip
160 Main
40 Pilot
Air Screw 2.5 turns out.

I would like to try a 175 main and a NEDJ or NEDW Needle. (If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to chime in!)

A friend of mine who makes plastic moulds has offered to digitize my tank and frame and create a oversize tank for me that will work with a perimeter frame. I may consider going this route as well. We would create a tank with wings that come over the frame. Then connect the bottom of the wings to the main tank body with a small hose that gets connected after installation. It will probably be next winter before we get a chance to do this if at all.
Not criticizing...but seems like a lot of effort for something that only happens once every 2 years........although if you do lots of longer rides it may make sense.
I did the dacre in 2010 & just used a wolfman tank bag with an MSR dromedary bag stuffed inside it. No extra weight on me or the back of the bike and it was easy to remove when I didn't need it. It held close to 3 extra liters of gas.
A buddy of mine used one of those number plate tanks for similar purposes.