View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
Check the pad listing, I thought they went to a Yamaha caliper later. I am pretty sure they changed to a smaller caliper around 2007/8/9.
Where can i find that info my friend? Thanks for the response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
Piston size has no correlation to engine size,
rather the master cylinder it is mated too.
Well, ok, but i thought a 250 and 300 would implement wider pistons for better heat absorption by dispersing it to a bigger piston.
So, did both pump and caliper change in 2010 as they are mated together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
More it's a Honda world surely? It's a Nissin caliper isn't it? Not an expert on the. . I'm going to say 'newer ones' cause I'm in a 2007 timewarp .
True, if we're talking brake pistons! (Nissins!) but i meant that it is hard to locate your piston (or other performance parts) for a GG in a KTM world.
It was about the website of where to get the Titanium piston.
Which btw, i forgot to mention that titanium remains corrosion free and it's an overall superb upgrade for that dirty unsprung crucial element on our dirtbikes!

Quote:
I'd research CR250 piston sizes and measure yours.
Thanks, i'll do that, but still... if someone knows for sure if the piston has changed in 2010, then i have something more against this seller that sold me a bike made of older model parts!
My 2013 came with a 2011 kickstarter among other problems i'd rather not mention and it was purchased to race an extreme race.
It had a faulty pump, a faulty estarter (fixed with your help here) missing spacers in the bearings, missing washers in the swingarm, a purple rear disk (not coated, but from extreme breaking) and i hold back from writing what else was used/old on it.

But thanks for solving half of my problem so far by telling me where to find the darn seal!

Quote:
As an aside the sliding pins wear and replacement can be bought from, heck I think I just chose an RM with Nissin and ordere might have had to trim it. The pad pins also get grooves but again easy replacement aftermarket for Nissin from something else.
I am lucky (or smart) hanging on to a YZ 125 1998 and there are a lot of things that match both bikes as the GG seems more YZ based than a CR. (don't get confused by red :P)

I wish the same was true for the piston. Because your experience is right, this one smells like a Honda

added some pics of what i did to those calipers and getting stuck in silly stuff like that!

If this caliper turns out to be of a different bike, then i will consider getting the right one, not for the extra size, but for a bike being as it is supposed to be from factory! Especially now that the good old GGs belong to the past!

If i sell it i can't add notes about finding this seal from this bike and that from that bike for the new owner!

I wish i hadn't cerakoated it first before discovering this problem coz if i replace it now, the cost skyrockets to new paints etc. and as the bike won't be getting sold i might keep it that way.
But there must be a place to discover what changed in the 2009+ upgrade!!! for crying out loud
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC2744.jpg (100.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC2746.jpg (98.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC2588.jpg (118.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC2767.jpg (111.1 KB, 11 views)