Thread: Gas Gas success
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Gas Gas success

Rather than hijack another thread, I'll start a new one.
Gas Gas, while an exotic brand, has seen good success overall in the past 10+ years. In spite of having little margin to make any money, dedicated dealers area still alive, even if barely. We've seen TM all but disappear, and they make a fantastic bike. Husqvarna is now safe with BMW money, but I'd say without that cash infusion, they'd be in similar shape as us.

Our local dealer had been sitting on three brand new '07 Gas Gas bikes right up until the last few months, when he sold two 300's, plus his own '08 250 to me. It came in a flood. Unfortunately, he still has the brand new '07 125. The good thing is that freed him up to get some 2010 models coming. I hope he moves them faster than the '07s. I'm doing my best spread the word, and let people test ride my bike, in hopes that they will at least consider getting a bike from him. I've never met anyone who didn't like any of my gassers, at least to my face, but most are afraid of parts and support. As a Gas Gas owner for 10 years, I can assure you, parts are not a problem......
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs