View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
I have a friend who raced motocross in the vet class. He would jump anything, like #%^$ scary stuff. He rode his new bike out for a practice lap and was just idling along and fell over in small berm. One of his new boots hooked on the side panel of his new bike as he fell over. Instant broken leg....... Perfect example WTF and Murphy's law.

Be happy that you didn't break anything, get well!
I made a commitment to myself to never swing a leg over with out riding boots or a helmet(Very rare that I break that rule) Yesterday was a good reminder

7 years ago I bring the bike around from the barn to load up for a Hare Scramble the next day. I have 2 ways to get to the truck, putt around the yard or launch off the 5 foot high stone wall. I choose the wall, The bike kicks a little to the side. While in the air my feet come off the pegs alittle, not sure how but when I land my left foot miss the peg and my heal takes all my body weight. Instantlly I new it was major. I rode up to a tree and leaned into it and bellowed for my wife. Crushed the heel. More breaks than he could count. 3 surgerys 6 months out of work.

Allways gear up,

ED