View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 03:03 AM

Jets arrived yesterday and jet needle is on order. Happy days.
So yesterday I changed the main jet to 175 and pilot jet to 40 turned on the fuel and kicked, she burst into life on the 3rd kick idling beautifully a nice steady rev, unfortunately it only lasted 10 seconds and then she cut out. So I kicked again and she wouldn't start on her own but did with revs. I revved her warm all sounding nice no more thick white smoke so I believe the 175 main jet sorted that. I adjusted the idle screw from 2.5 turns out half a turn in at a time and once again like the 35 pilot jet the idle screw was turned all the way in to get a very low 10 to 15 second idle.
I'm still not sure what else could be the problem ??
It's like no matter what I've tried in regards to the pilot jet she still doesn't want to idle ? 35, 40, 42 all give no different result the idle screw doesn't even make the revs go higher or lower ?
She is ready for the first proper ride out in the woods 32m above sea level on the 18th of this month so I'm looking forward to that. Even if she still doesn't idle before then I'm itching to have some fun on her it's been 5 and half years.
Thank you everyone again for suggestions I think changing the 180 main jet to 175 has helped as for the jet needle hopefully that comes before the 18th but I'm still taking her out if not.
Jay