View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAl View Post
Yes I did get this couple of times -Timeout for packet reached 5 times. And it happened after I modified map. It looks like modifying map causes ofter problems, like fuel pump stops working, connection problems with GuziDiag. So you dont think it could be problem with ecu hardware? Will wait then.
I have successfully modified (altered the code for my needs) a few BINs and have had no problems, I've been running the modified code for about 8 months without worries.

The issue raised when I downloaded the IAW15x Reader and writer (before that I used the 15RC version). Keep in mind I have only just received this error two days ago (just like yourself), so it's news to me too.

I think worst case scenario we will need a modified version of the software to temporarily ignore the checksums (calculations to ensure the information was transmitted correctly) and then hopefully once we get *something* written to the ECU we can then rewrite properly (with checksums) the BIN we want.

I have sent an email off to Bernd (the program developer who helped get the GasGas to work with his program GuzziDiag) and I will notify you all of the news as it comes in.