View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
250s tend to be more mx-y in power than a 300, but its relative. Haven't tried one with the jetting sorted.

I'd always want to get back on a 300.
Took it for a bit of a ride around their paddocks today. Fantastic to get on a dirt bike again! I've missed it!

Wasn't technical enough terrain to really feel the difference between the 250/300. She said it had a LOT more power after it was re jetted, but she wasn't sure what the new jets are. It needed the choke to start, even when warmed up.

With the 250, and the lowered, and at the wrong end of the country, and no work done on the top end/piston that she knows of, I'm probably better waiting for something more suitable I guess. Unless I got it for a steal.

I just haven't seen much coming up for sale on Trademe etc. If i was looking for something with e-start and also good and slow and nimble what other models would you suggest?

* EC300 again, maybe a 2011 with e-start?
* EC300 2012 avoid right?
* EC300 2013 onwards - hope something with estart turns up?

* Beta Xtrainer - Avoiding due to suspension issues at speed
* Beta RR300's - What are these like?
* Husqvarna 2T 300 (I assume a TE). Rode my neighbours a while ago. Felt too aggressive compared to my EC300 for the technical riding I enjoy.
* KTM something? Or the other usual brands? Anything to look for or avoid? I'm just not familiar enough with them yet.