Thread: APT SmartCarb
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnut View Post
My keen perception detects a little bitterness on your part. You paid too much, for one thing.
I ran a 38mm die-cast SmartCarb on my clapped-out, high-mileage 2011 GG EC250 and loved it, mostly because I wasn't constantly worried my throttle would stick wide open. That's happened to me too many times with Keihin-equipped machines, the last time destroying my tibia plateau and causing 11 months of recovery. Now I have it on my 2014 Beta 250RR. With the great customer service from Corey, I've worked through some minor issues and made some adjustments. I love it! Actually, I love my Beta and my SmartCarb.
My fuel mileage is great. The bike runs great. And I'm not worried my carb will try to kill me.
With exchange shipping and taxes that's what it cost to get to Canada. I'm not bitter just would like to have it work correctly that's all. Watch the video that thing is super fat as he rolls on the throttle. In tight single track that right where you are at most of the day. Can't go fast if the bike falls on its face as you roll on out of a slippery corner.
Make sure your air boot is not rubbing on the spring it's a real close on my Beta 300.