View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike View Post
Ok, so If you dont go out and bike a $10k bike, how much is the older bike worth to you, to put $ into and where is the cut off line? You can get a good 1-2 year old used bike for $8-7k, then of course spend a little more putting stuff on that you would want, or you can throw some money into the older bike. But how much? Where is that point where if you are putting money into an older bike, could you have just used that $, sell the older bike, and get that newer bike? The money your son put into his 02, could have been used to get a newer bike. Or is it that, when we get or find something we like or own for a while, we get attached to it and just want to hang on. Or is it we want to put money into it to keep it somewhat fresh and annoy the guys with the newer bikes that paid $10k, knowing that we might be close to that sum of money with all the work and updates on our older bike?

By the way, how much did your son spend on all those parts for the 02?
I feel as if you?re asking a question that only YOU can answer? I?ll ask my Son how much he has spent on the 02? as I do not recall, I can reply now though with confidence that he will reply ? it was a lot freaking less than a new bike! That?s for damn sure?. IMO new does not always necessarily mean better. BUT as I stated before, SOME people HAVE TO have the new. Which type are you? I can?t answer that for you. Resale value on a boutique dirt bike is sub par on a good day-you should know that going in. Lots of folks on here riding older Gasser?s. Ride whatever puts a smile on your face=after all that?s why we started riding in the first place right?
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com