Thread: 2003 fse 450
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 PM

Well, I cleaned up a mini bucket I had real good then took a can of "manifold and throttle body cleaner" to the feed side of the injector. After a couple quick squirts my once clean bucket had a surprisingly large amount of ultra fine particulate floating I'm the bottom of my puddle of cleaner. I sloshed some clean fuel around in the tank, then discarded it. Then I tried my little injector test again. This time it had the much finer mist I was expecting from a fuel injector.

So I put everything back together, turned it over for a second, and it started right up. Same as last time, I let it idle while I put on my helmet, threw my leg over her, and I was off (albeit, more nervous than last time). Same easy first half mile, then I rolled into the power. Smooth and strong she pulled for a few seconds, so I pulled in the clutch and let the idle fall back down... No stalling, just a smooth idle. Popped the clutch out and continued down the road, repeating that procedure a couple times... No problems.

I rode past my trouble points of a couple nights ago, to the end of my road, turned around and rode back. Just before getting home I did a few second WOT pull and she felt fine.

I believe she's fixed!

PS... For anyone trying to figure out the little clips that hold your fuel lines to the tank... Weird as it seems, just pry each of the four prongs outward, until they "pop". They are shaped sorta like a heart, and you need to push outward until the upper "nubs" of the heart pop to the outside. Then you can just pull them up and out.