View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec300 dave View Post
Thanks for all the helpful info guys will have a look at the float height but wouldnt I notice excess petrol comming out of the overflow if that was set too high? I think I'll also get a new needle just incase mine is worn ( would that cause it?). The bike is definately an EC even though it does have the wps on the front (not sure they did the xc in the uk) so I suppose its just a suck it an see sort of thing especially with the bike running so well. I'm ver happy with the bike in every other way it actually makes me look a far better faster rider than I am! Oh and thanks gasgasman for the vinegar tip I'll sure be trying that on the 8 fouled eix plugs i have.
I had the same model untill a few months ago(wp forks/ohlins rear).Never had any plug fouling problems though.If it's any help I ran a 40 pilot,180 main,original needle (N1EF I think) middle clip & 1.5 turns out on the air screw,float height 11mm,motul 800 at 40:1 with 10% ethanol gas.Riding 0-1000m at 12C to 28C.Did always run a NGK iridium plug.Bike was way more responsive & cleaner on the ethanol gas.Bit of a strange one?If the float was too high you wouldn't have it running as well as you say,it would be boggy & not as responsive.If the fuel valve or float was sticking it would over flow.
Really stumped it can be running so rich but running so good?
Could it be an electrical problem?When it stops with a fouled plug ,have you ever let it cool down a bit & try & start it?