View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 AM

Roscoe,

You can seal the airboot to the box, and I've done it, but thats not actually most important when you think about it. The filter seals on the inside edge of the boot lip, pinched by the filter cage right angle. The airbox acts like a support for the airboot for the spring loaded retainer to push against. Look at the filter when you take it off, it should have a deep crease where it sealed ALL THE WAY AROUND. Grease the rim good on install and get your hands in there making sure the cage is forcing the filter rim into the boot, not just resting on the flat part. I know at first I thought it was a POS too, but I've had no issues with just a little care. The inside of my airboot is always clean and the filter rim always creased indicating a good seal. As far as water getting into the airbox, yes mine does it but no more than my older GGs.

If you really can't get past it, you can swap a pre '07 airboot/filter ring and use the pre '07 filters, you just have to modify/drill the airbox slightly to accept the older air boot.