View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinGas View Post
Evan, can you explain do pfp and compression interact together? If I tighten pfp does that affect compression?

Also: is there a service manual available?
Regarding the service manual, I was not aware of one. I'll email my Italian contact and inquire about one. I just took a bunch of notes and pics during my time with the techs and transcribed a "personal" users manual from that.

To answer your question on the relationship of PFP to low speed compression adjustment. Thought I am still working on establishing my own "working knowledge" of the two adjuster interactions, in my opinion they work with each other, but also independent. See, the PFP can increase or decrease cartridge pressure, while the low speed compression can only change the bleed past the base compression stack. I have a feeling that with more PFP preload, a rider can obtain a firmer feel without turning the low speed compression in and sacrifice feel on the small bumps. I don't want to call the PFP a high speed adjuster, but it will have some effect on that velocity range. As the tech discussed with me, most moto applications call for more PFP preload to help with "big hits", while enduro applications call for less PFP preload to provide a more plush overall feel.

Again, I'll post more later when I get some additional feedback.

In addition, I know I am new to the forum, so any other techs that want to add their two cents, I'm certainly here for an open source discussion, rather than just only putting down my own experiences in writing. I have previously refused to join any "orange" forums for the very lack of this basic understanding. The GG family had thus far not been lumped into that category. I would personally love to see the knowledge flow freely regarding suspension, chassis or other GG unique variables so that the brand as a whole can grow & prosper. If I don't learn something new each day, it wasn't a good day.

Cheers!
Downingtown, PA 19335
484.593.0095 shop
evan@solid-performance.com
www.solid-performance.com