View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Watt's quote in context: It was an ISDE qualifier, and we all happened to be on 125's (he's a really cool guy by the way, he was mercifully kind to us slower guys who happened to be on the minute in front of him). It was after we had impounded our bikes and we were talking about a section of trail where there was a switchback hill, littered with bikes who didn't make it, and the lack of vision that had given us a fit or two. While we surmised our problem with that section was vision, he popped off, "Naw, don't listen to him mate, just twist that little twisty thingy on the right a little further......" He was kidding. We had a blast talking with him at all of the checks. He was riding an experimental, cool new linkless KTM 125 with fiberglass fenders, and he even offered to let one of our group to ride it!!!

Watts is all about standing up and looking ahead, all about control and precision. On a descent in that race, he came screaming up behind me, and I did my usual get out of the way move. He just abandoned the trail and blitzed on one wheel down an old, brushed in trail, breaking branches, junk flying. He stuck his left foot out, front wheel still in the air, turned left at the bottom, and disappeared. It was probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs