View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 PM

Default Year to year changes - my next bike

I need some advice. I have a 2005 DE200 which I've rebuilt and turned over to my wife and I've been riding my backup bike (88 KTM 250). I've had fun with the old left hand kick KTM but I'm kind of over tinkering with it and am ready for a newer bike. I'm a trail rider and not a particularly fast one so I'm not looking for the fastest bike but rather the one that handles great and is light and nimble feeling. I really like riding technical trails and have some interest in hare scrambles or amatuer enduro but nothing real competitive.

I love that DE200 so I'm basically wanting to get a newer version of it. I've tried to find a run down of the changes and updates through the years to the Gas Gas EC but I haven't really found much. Here's what I have found:

2007 - body work update not sure about performance upgrades
2010 - another styling change, frame, suspension and engine updates but not really sure how all this translates on the trail
2011 -six days edition available (2010 also) not sure what difference is
2012 - maybe a year to avoid due to reliability problems?
2013 - first year for e start
2015&17 - new suspension, no 200 available
2018 - all new, no 200

I actually think the new 200 EC Ranger would be perfect for me I just have a hard tIme justifying that much of my family budget for a new bike when I can get something really nice for half price.

My question for you all is, which year EC200 should I try to find?

I appreciate any input and experience.

Thanks