View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 04:17 AM

Ok, tore the front end down. Drained both forks and disassembled the leaking leg. Bushings look good. Even the seals look good (inspected using a magnifying glass) but there was a lot of dirt in them. As typical for these forks the oil was filthy with just about 45 hours on it.

Trying to figure out how to get the rebound rod/stack out. Do I have to remove the clicker end? Also, do I just unscrew the nut around the rod going in to the aluminum tube (section w/the preload adjuster)? What about the cartridge section from the tube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Take a look at this thread
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...=11075&page=30
In posts 292 onwards Jacobi and myself discuss the rebound stack modification that I did a couple of years ago
Yeah, I've read that thread completely through at least three times now and constantly reference it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
For riding in sand you probably went in the wrong direction. Let the rebound as it was and start to add more damping, and if possible more pre-load, then make sure your forks are flush with the clamps, if not push them in. What you want is a light front that doesnt dig into the sand.
The deeper the sand the more you need to increase your corner entry speed and steer with the rear keeping the front light.
My issue is that with our rides/races it is never just sand or hard pack/rocks. It's always a mixture to some degree and the rocks are brutal out here sometimes so I need it to be very compliant to keep from being beat to death. I figure I can use the PFP to help find a good balance once my valving is sorted.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220