View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 10:53 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
http://enduro21.com/index.php/extrem...nship-for-2018

I see the USA has announced an extreme series (World Series? Lol) so it may be a possibility in the near future. For now it means more aftermarket protection being developed (and a lot more part sales).
I know that even though the spectator value of the hard Enduro series is huge, the cost of getting to international events (especially the 5 main events) is high and unless there is a gg dealer in that country it may be higher for gg as they would have to ship the Bike as well (most pros just travel with their suspension ... and if you are semi pro like Chris birch you would travel in your mx boots to save weight for the suspension)
I know Birchy gets given bikes here in Canada every year by KTM Canada. But they aren't set up perfectly for him.

The problem with the US series is most pro's health insurance will cover them in every country around the world except the USA. Not sure why that is. But I know that's why Birchy doesn't do any training sessions in the States.

I'm happy to see a new Hard Enduro series in the States and it just goes to prove the increase is drawing spectators and fans.