Thread: Pedialyte
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
I would like to add one bit of info on this thread. I suffer from cramps so have done a fair bit of research into hydration and electrolytes and what i have discovered is that it is person specific.

At the roof i was taking high5 4:1 energy drink that had electrolytes in it, i was then adding additional high5 zero electrolyte tabs to it and that worked for me, but i have buddies i ride with that will ride with just water and drink half of what i drink and not get cramps.

So you need to try things for yourself because over-hydration is just as dangerous as dehydration
Been following this...swazi_matt makes a great point. I hadn't considered the individuality issue of hydration. I hydrate pretty well, on an average day(3-6 quarts of water daily). I ride with only water in my hydro-pak(70-100 oz, depending on ride). So far, never a problem w/cramping. Does anyone consider their undergarments when riding/racing? I try, as much as I can, to regulate my core temp with a wicking layer against my skin, and a 2nd breathable outer layer to help dissipate the excess moisture. Perspiration soaked garments not only can cause severe chaffing, but in general just adds misery to an uncomfortable day(even if it's rainy). I feel pretty lucky...More than a few guys I ride with, suffer with aches & pains from old injuries, cramping, fatigue, etc. I ingest a ton of water, and so far it's enough.