View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
The stock high temp silicone orings are not very abrasion resistant and wear from normal vibration. This can allow the pipe to vibrate on the spigot or spigot bolt heads, and varies with engine speed and harmonics. This is especially true if the pipe gets tweaked a bit and does not sit square on the spigot. Viton orings last much longer. I also had a pipe spring that would vibrate on the header once, a small section of rubber hose over it cured it.
The pipe comes right off, two mounting bolts, springs and pull.

The PV rattles some from exhaust pulses as it returns to a closed position as there is free play in the system with the governer in its relaxed (idle or off) position. This is normal, not only on GGs. If rattle is excessive, remove the left PV cover and check that the actuator plate is in contact with the stop bolt head. If not, it could benefit from an adjustment to take up some play.

These bikes are tough, go ride!
Thanks GMP.

Found another thread - http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ht=pipe+rattle

Quite sure this is whats happening to mine. Does sound like something vibrating in the pipe and the sound changes as the bike heats up and the metal expands. I wouldn't imagine the PV would do this.

Like mentioned earlier I can see a little spooge coming from the exhaust port, where the pipe appears to be touching it. Will remove the pipe, clean it up, and re fit with the stock O-Rings and some high temp silicone.

Haven't tweaked the pipe on anything so unsure whats caused it.