View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_gasgas View Post
Hi!

During my last ride on an MX track towards the end of the ride when I finally decided to use full power on 3rd to go uphill, the power came strong and the bike felt that it cleaned up (before this ride I did the 1 hr break in plus 3 hours total with moderated throttle openings in the woods and the ignition on rain mode). But, during the braking the sound changed (like higher frequency..) and definitely there was less bottom power and the bike couldn't take revs on 2nd after the turn. I backed off and very soon it worked ok again. During the next round I tried the same and the same things happened. Like the plug was dying or something.

When I stopped there was a lot of spooge on the exchaust and swingarm. I checked the plug and it was wet and black. I changed it with a BR8EG and the bike started first kick and it felt ok. Yesterday, doing a simple check up I found out that the clamp tighter of the airbox and carb was loose a bit so I fixed that. Could this cause the problem? Or, is it the powervalve sticking? Or, too much low-mid rev working after the break in and the oem plug could not last the full throttle? Jetting is OK for the temps now. Bike is an EC250 07. I hope was only the plug.

Thank you for any reply!

Leon
If it's 4 stroking and spluttering it may be just too rich on the bottom. But is it doing this? Do you know what I mean by 4 stroking and spluttering? An air leak at the airbox will make it run leaner not richer. Generally if it sounds clean it's either bang on the money or too lean. Being too rich will make it 4 stroke a lot but I can't describe what 4 stroking sounds like - I just know it when I hear it. Just to make it more complex a little 4 stroking on an almost closed throttle, on overun is ok but not much and I again I don't know how to describe or quantify that. In fact it's safer - the line between perfect and too lean is quite narrow so a little rich is preferable.