View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 12:59 PM

Default bottom end death

hi. i have been using my gg sm250 for the last couple of years to run the short distance to work, back roads normally. today i forgot what i was doing and got on a straight fast road. ripped down it, no choice really, 4 or 5 minutes pretty much flat out, just hoped for the best. got off the main road, still going fine... quarter mile later its had a lil hesitate or two, then feels like fuels run out n dies, fuel was getting low when i left so i chucked tap on to reserve n thought no more, kicked it to life, 2 mins later rear locks up, clutch in quick time. stop. push home...
now i recently threw in a new piston and had the jug plated, so i feared i'd wrecked that. stripped the top down just now and its not totalled, some marking to the hone but not gouged. looks like its all got a bit hot but it came apart easy. problem is the bottom wont turn with the top end off.
is this a common thing? whats likely damaged? i was not expecting the bottom end to be done, now im scared the crank or casings could be toast