View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Well, after all the input...I've been practicing I'm almost exclusively a stand-up rider, now. This has vastly improved my ability to pick better lines at any speed. Another plus, I'm way more comfortable in nasty, technical stuff. While my speeds on the trail are noticeably slower, I'm actually gaining time between points A-B since I'm not dragging my bike out of the brush, or flipping it right side up It's been a real education learning to apply the "smoother is faster" theory. Lately I've taken up riding in a 4x4 area. There's lots of nasties to ride on...Boulder fields, Riding the little narrow ridges between the ruts, and generally working on focus & balance. I've been giving my skid plate a gnarley workout(welded rips in it twice). My conditioning is starting to improve, as I rode a 7 hr stint, yesterday. To force myself to concentrate, I removed the seat at the end, to my push myself a bit. I really appreciate everyone's advice and input. Much like jetting, my learning curve has been shortened dramatically.