Thread: 2018 gasgas
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytoptenn View Post
Well that?s good to know. How is your 250 down low? Is it pretty stout, more so than a 2017 + KTM, or about the same?
Its funny you should ask that today of all days... I've ridden the '18 Husky T250i earlier this year. But today I traded with a friend and rode his '17 KTM 250. Counterbalanced with a Lectron carb and AER forks. One heck of a bike I tell ya. But I was still happy to trade back, and he was reluctant. He's a long time KTM rider, used to work at a KTM dealership. He's an A line rider in the states, and a Pro line rider in Canada. Fast little bugger he is.. I asked if my GP had converted him... His reply was that if he could get parts from GasGas at the same discount as his current sponsor gets him from KTM he would switch in a heartbeat. He absolutely loved the bike. And was very reluctant to give it back again. I liked his bike ok. But very much preferred mine. They are very different. Don't let the look of the frame make you think otherwise. They feel different, handle different, etc. The KTM has always felt skittish in the front end to me. The Gassers feel planted, and compliant.
But don't take my word for it. Go ride one. That will be all the proof you need to walk into your nearest dealer with a deposit in hand.