View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM

Over the years there were three different LTR needles, the later one being richer in taper. In fact Les came out with the third needle after my '03 250 would not run up to par on the older needle which was leaner like the C series. The bike was smooth but would go flat in the lower midrange, and not pull as well out of turns or lug up hills. The '03 was a bit of a PIA to jet and liked rich specs, except the #6 slide which never worked well. The RBD head and a VForce reed block made it a lot better. Nowadays, with no more LTR needles, I'd work with the DDK/DEK for starters. That should get it close. We are running this needle in my brother's 250 Husky with a PWK38AS conversion and it runs great. The absolute best needle in the 250 IMO is the JD Blue from the generic PWK kit, its based on a DDK but has additional tapers. Before you go nuts make sure the items I mentioned are sound. Also, if the bike has a lot of time on it consider having Ron replace the nozzle, and check the float pin holes in the casting for wear/slop.