View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Thanks guys. I bought this Generac is a semi-emergency, as I was working my 3K hard all week and it was starting to sound a little loud. The first 20 deg morning it stalled a few times. Anyway in my haste I didn't realize that the GP series Generac is made in China! I was pissed, but unless you spend twice the coin thats what you get. I'm a little apprehensive of running anything that might stress the valves in this motor as I'm sure its not the best of materials and construction. I have heard that a lean condition with a propane system is a lot worse than gas and valves will burn fast.

I've looked at the kits, the dual or tri fuel kits add an adapter block with a venturi for propane injection to the FRONT of the carb, between it and the air filter. This allows the carbs throttle plate to function normally. I guess i'd like to see evidence one of these motors run on propane for awhile with no problems. Its a common motor, probably the same motor is found on most 5 to 6.5K generators sold.