View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vntgmx View Post
I'm looking at potentially buying an '11 XC250 and I'm looking at the std. and 6d model. I don't have a problem with the Sachs shock being I've owned quite a few Huskys which are equipped with such but what has been anyone's experience with the Sachs forks that come on the std. model?
Graphics and guards of the 6d don't really make a big difference to me but the fact that it has the Ohlins/Maz suspension might perhaps sway me based on what little feedback I've been able to find in regards to the Sachs forks on the std model though I'd much rather hear real world feedback from everyday riders.
Oh and I'm 51 5'6" 170lbs geared up and "B" level rider and the bike would be used mostly as at MX track practice days,an occasional Vet MX or scramble and a couple of dual sports a year.
Thanks for any and all replies.
No reason to shy away from the Sachs forks. I was able to cure the residual mid-stroke harshness (after break-in) by a relatively simple mid-valve mod. I had to make tools to work on the Sachs forks and the shims are not standard (WP/KYB/Showa) sizing but they're easy enough to tune (relative to the KYBs, Showas, and WPs I've worked on) nevertheless.

The stock springs should work out for you as well as far as weight and riding level, although you may need to add a little preload.

My current plan is to race an '11 XC250 with the Sachs front and rear, and I'd do that with no hesitation.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters