View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

yeah I have a lathe if I need to knock up some more wheel spacers. I was going to whip the wheel off and dummy up the forks in the triples & see where I'm at. There is a mill at work if I need to make a stepped plate arrangement which is most likely. . . . But it turned a bit cold & windy last night (middle of winter here) and the walk down the stairs didn't seem as appealing as watching TV next to the wife.

Have to also check if the inside front wheel centre spacer will need to be remade with the smaller ID bearings.

I'm also battling the urge to jump right in. I can still ride the bike like it is, but I need to pull the shock out as its leaked oil & the base gaskets were also seeping. Also I'm building a roadrace bike engine & the cylinder will be back soon from a mates machine shop so I'll need to do some more porting & get it welded. All this costs money, so its a matter of timing so I don't have several bikes in pieces & not the money to get them all back together + immovable items with bits hanging off them.