View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

It seems like they have a good team there!

I think the idea about partnering with an established engine manufacturer, and having those engines built to the requirement and specs that GasGas dictates; so long as it's NOT a Chinese manufacturer.

As for the new 2 strokes my thoughts are that I hope some of the very notable and positive characteristics of the current engines remain. Such as the tractor like torque, the ability to lug it way way down, and the well above average reliability.

I must say an XTrainer type bike from GasGas feels like the right direction. I hope they take it up. The Beta XTrainer has been referred to as a modern day KDX200. Those who are familiar with that bike and the legacy it earned will understand that is very high praise. I understand the company doesn't want a lot of new development costs, which is why they should consider the existing 250 engine in a more friendly state of tune, more entry level suspension, and running gear, etc. GasGas already knows they can beat Beta on price. Most of us are recreational riders and don't need an Erzberg capable bike, or the price tag those goes with it.

The future is genuinely bright at GasGas.