View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Matt,

I thought the MC and DE flywheels were the same, only the EC being different. Learned something.

I've been a tech and also an engineer for years. I designed transformers for UPS systems for awhile. Thats not much difference in clearance. Perhaps the core laminations could be different. They probably designed it as a multi fit application, and as a result quality suffers. You could always get the stock Kokusan stator rewound.
I actually thought about winding it myself before I bought the aftermarket, which was actually marketed by Moose. I guess you'd be the one to ask about that, having transformer experience. If I just extended the amount(length) of wire that's on the coils, would that just increase my voltage, and not my current? I assume what I need is more current, but how would I achieve this?

Actually, after looking at my Hebo light and taking the bulb out, I may be able to run the stock coil. The bulb is 25w for each filament, which won't be on at the same time, I have LED tail light and brake light, and I then have turn signals(mandatory in GA), which I don't know what type of power they draw. I don't know how I would change my blinkers to LED. I made the taillight myself from auto parts store stuff. I know most turn signal blinker units work because of the current heating a bi-metal switch. I've heard of units that work with LED's, but never seen one.
- - - - - - - - - -
"Old" bikes>
06 KTM 300XCW- returned-dealer scam- 1st owner seized & returned prior to sale to me as "new"
87 Yam YZ490
81 Yam IT250
84 Honda v45 Magna
74 Suzuki TS400
76 CZ motocross 250-bought new in 81-should have kept
74 Kawasaki G5100