View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Banned

Default New to GasGas and new to forum!

Hey folks!
I figured this would be the right spot for an introduction.

My name is Kevan and I'm located in central Ohio. I recently purchased a new 2009 GasGas EC300 from a local dealer. I'm incredibly happy with it.

I had a really bad accident on a motorcycle 20 years ago and swore I'd never get on one again. After my better half decided she wanted to learn how to ride, specifically off-road, I realized that my stupid fear was just that: fear...something I could conquer easily.
Took about 3 minutes of riding to get me over that hump (no pun intended). LOL

The day we brought her home:

I'm incredibly happy with it. Even in the break-in stage, the bike has PLENTY of power and torque for the trails in this area.
First day out was VERY muddy as it had just finished raining a few hours earlier. The bike handled great and really put me at ease. One "puddle" turned out to be a "small lake" and I found myself up to the seat in water. A blip of the throttle and I'm through it and out the other side, albeit very wet. The bike didn't even care, but did ask for a bath after that first day of riding:

The only downside about getting into off-road riding again: I'm sore as hell for a couple of days after riding! I forgot how physically demanding this sport is.

I do not plan to modify the bike other than a headlight/tail light and a computer (mainly for trail distances and maintenance scheduling). A TrailTech Vapor is en route, but I'm still looking for a decent headlight/tail light combo. Suggestions are welcome.

Her bike is a Yamaha TTR-125, as this is her first time doing this stuff. We also purchased a pair of 2010 Yamaha Raptor 250 ATVs, which we're having a blast on as well.....but I still lean toward my EC300.

I look forward to reading and joining the discussions here on the forum.
Thanks!