View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM View Post
What are you running in the carb?

My 2005 ran piss poor, and had no idle with the stock needle (N1...something IIRC), N3EG clip #3 and a 42 pilot, 175 main jet - and it's super sweet, with a slight fourstroke burble coming from closed throttle, that I can live with.

Not loading up, snappy all the time, and rideable.

Get the jetting right, then work on the airscrew (I run mine almost 2 turns open from fully closed now).
The thing with the stock jetting is that it's super rich on bottom, and makes all lift the throttle too much with the idle scew - just to get it to idle...and you're out of the pilot circuit...

/J
MJ 172 ,PJ is 42 and needle is probably N1EG (can't get it out since the nut ontop of the slide is screwed up :-s ) and set at it's leanest
i don't think it's that, since my own 300 used to ride just ok with that needle.(with quite some blubbering but do-able)
we swapped my complete carb (from my 200) with CCL needle 180MJ and 45 PJ and syptoms were still the same.
previous owner said it ran best with a 145 MJ but that was just to disguise the problems.
somehow i don't think it's jetting related but rather a problem that makes it run rich (or so it seems as if it's rich)...

it really runs as you're constanty running choke ON :-/