View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:03 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gez View Post
Update on my starter system:
Had the dealer do ALL the pre delivery updates (2018 ec300). Was informed on pickup that it was even firing cold on their battery, the reality is it wasn't. Took it out on saturday, it was slightly easier to start via kicker, but only had joy starting on the electric leg once. I had the dealer throw in the biggest AGM they could get. Maybe I should try a big lithium now? Not sure if I want to keep the bike long term now, shame as it rides fantastic.
GG recommends a 240 CCA battery - note the tech bulletin attached.

I'm guessing you can't get that in an AGM that will fit (though I'm not totally sure). What CCA is yours?

I would look at Earth-X, or the new Anti-Gravity "Restart" with discharge protection. FWIW I can't believe that the LI industry puts out a product that can be damaged by dropping below a certain voltage. I'd spend a little more to protect against having that happen.

If I can't get satisfaction with my current battery, I will be sorely tempted to purchase a 340CCA Earth-X and modify the battery compartment to make it fit.

I understand your last comment. It's frustrating to have a bike that has "something broken" on it. It would be better for me if it was kick-start only vs. having a system that doesn't work. But the rest of the bike is so good that I'm going to keep at it!

TB-GG-17-12 Electric Start Update.jpg
TB-GG-17-12 Electric Start Update pg.2.jpg