View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 02:17 PM

Default Bike won't start after head swap

Swapped stoch head for RK tec billet head now the bike won't hit a lick. Not the new heads fault it is a work of art. Squish is now 1.15mm stock head was 1.85mm. First problem was I apparantly washed the bike a few days after taking the air filter out to clean (I'm 67 I forget things). I say apparently because there was no water on the piston after removing the stock head but there was some water in the carb bowl. After turning the bike upside down twice and running the e-start with the plug out it still won't start. I then pulled the small drain plug out underneath the crank and another ounce of water came out. Still won't hit a lick but no more water on the plug just fuel. I have tried 4 different spark plugs (3 were new) and even swapped the CDI, coil and plug wire. Still won't hit a lick even when using starter fluid - won't even try to start. I've used the e-start (which has always worked great) and the manual kicker but no luck. The fuel in the bike is a little old but it is ethanol free and bike ran fine on it before. I'll swap it out next but other than that the only thing I can think of is to reset the float level again (I had reset it when I had the carb out to clean it). This has got me pulling my hair out and I don't have a lot left.