View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 05:20 PM

I have been busy and unable to call Rekluse, they were closed on Friday.I am a newbie on the Rekluse but this is what I think so far. I think they will suggest installing a spacer. Here is the summary of whats going on with the Rekluse basket and auto clutch install with Honda fiber plates.

The Rekluse basket is an easy install just measure the hole in the basket first, its either 40mm or 46mm. I bought a special set of Rekluse steels that are supposed to be used with Honda Fiber plates. I installed the 8 steels which were seven 1.22mm discs and one 2.25mm disc with 7 Rekluse Honda Fibers which measured at 2.98mm each. This clutch pack was too tall, and clutch wouldn't disengage.

The only way that I could get the clutch pack height required was to install 8 Rekluse steels as above.(Note the special rekluse steels are 1.22mm except for the one 2.25mm oversize disc.) Then I installed 5 Rekluse Honda fibers which measured 2.98mm each and 2 OEM GasGas fibers which measured 2.75mm. I think the total stack height was about 31.17mm,excluding the EXP disc. The 3mm of free gain was easy to set. The auto clutch works fine and as I took a few spins around the yard it felt very cool. I am going to call Rekluse b/c the objective of this install was to use a Honda fiber set. Any comments suggestions so far? It is very nice to ride.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Last edited by Moto7man; 07-06-2013 at 10:11 PM.