View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
I may ship my stuff and drive anyway just to have extra junk, I mean stuff. I plan to sleep in the rig too. They both are equipped with 100gallon fresh water tanks, black and grey tanks, toilets, and kitchens. The sleeping quarters are as good as any camper.

I've driven through Mexico before. Actually drove all the way to Cabo San Lucas on a whim.... In a Cadillac of all things. (an old one) Mexico doesn't scare me, however, I will make the most sound decision I can come up with.

I need to focus on qualifying first. If that doesn't happen, I'll see what the extortion fee is to sign up as a privateer.

I've been called a redneck before, and it's okay to say it. However, I prefer to use the term "farm boy," or in terms of the vehicles.... Agricultural. It often pays to be resourceful. Not always pretty, but often quite practical.
In past years, I think you were required to go with the tour and use their travel agent. Given the close proximity - my guess is it will be $1500 or so per person for double occupancy and meals.

For yahoo maps directions click here. 45 hours driving one way non-stop to get there.

jeff