View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 08:28 PM

Default sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2w View Post
I've got a TrailTech Vapor unit on my GG. It includes a water temp sensor too. The actual sensor is threaded into a plastic pipe (or "Tee"), and the unit is then spliced into the radiator hose. Hose clamps then secure the assembly.

I'd suggest something like that, rather than drilling and tapping the radiators themselves. I'd be cautious of the thin and soft metal of the rads. And if it doesn't work or you need to remove the sensor, all you have to do I replace the hose (or even simply splice-in a piece of hose).

Oh, I forgot to add. I think the KTM rads (which are similar to our GG rads) do have a threaded opening on their top surface.So maybe you can sneak a peek at a KTM rad and copy where/how they accommodate a temperature sensor.

Regards.

Dale
Dale
Did your "T" come with the computer, or did you have to drill and tap yourself? My speedo/odo magnetic pickup came with two screws w/lockwashers and advice on how not to position the sensor. I drilled and tapped the holes, but then wound up grinding a small pencil shaped one inch chunk of aluminum out of the front caliper frame. I just hope I didn't weaken the caliper, but the sensor fits. It makes a howling noise when I apply brakes, but I haven't centered the wheel yet and I have aluminum chip in the pads.

Matt
- - - - - - - - - -
"Old" bikes>
06 KTM 300XCW- returned-dealer scam- 1st owner seized & returned prior to sale to me as "new"
87 Yam YZ490
81 Yam IT250
84 Honda v45 Magna
74 Suzuki TS400
76 CZ motocross 250-bought new in 81-should have kept
74 Kawasaki G5100